Farm Systems for Harvesting Food Every Season
This workshop has been re-scheduled from Feb 9
Simple Gifts Farm systems are designed to provide different options for harvesting food all year round. These include movable greenhouses for winter greens production, low-level heat from solar-hot water system, caterpillar tunnels to extend late crop harvest, and low-tech low tunnels for late planting followed by early spring harvest. This workshop will cover methods for seeding and harvesting, storage facilities, and methods for winter roots.
Instructor: Jeremy Barker-Plotkin is co-owner and veggie manager of Simple Gifts Farm. He grows greens and other crops through the winter and spring to extend the sales season and provide year-round employment for farm staff.
- The cost of all workshops is $30, with discounts for NOFA membership ($5) and early registration (14 days before the workshop) ($5).
- Pre-registration is required unless arranged by phone with the organizer, Ben Grosscup, cell: 413-658-5374.
- Cancellations will be honored and refunds issued (except $8 processing fee) with notice made within 10 or more days of the workshop. After that, you may designate someone else to attend in your stead, but refunds will not be available.
- Carpooling is encouraged, and on your registration form, you’ll have the opportunity to be connected with other registrants in your local area who also want to carpool to the workshop.
- For more information, contact Ben Grosscup, Education Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-658-5374.
Beginning Farmer Program
Free Monthly Phone/Web Workshop Series
Buy fresh, unpasteurized milk from a local farm.
Read our Soil Carbon Restoration white paper
30th annual Winter Conference January 14, 2017