Producing for Various Winter Greens Markets
Indian Line Farm systems include two 30’x96’ greenhouses. This workshop will focus on movable greenhouses, seeding and harvesting methods, packing greens for sale, record keeping, and economics. Marketing discussion will cover sales to farmers markets, stores, and restaurants.
Instructors: Elizabeth Keen farms at Indian Line Farm and has been growing certified naturally grown vegetables for 15 years. Recently, she has grown winter greens to increase the bottom line and better employ spaces used to grow heat-loving summer crops. Pete Salinetti farms at Woven Roots Farm in Lee, MA, doing wholesale, retail, & CSA.
- The cost of all workshops is $30, with discounts for NOFA membership ($5) and early registration (14 days before the workshop) ($5).
- Pre-registration is required unless arranged by phone with the organizer, Ben Grosscup, cell: 413-658-5374.
- Cancellations will be honored and refunds issued (except $8 processing fee) with notice made within 10 or more days of the workshop. After that, you may designate someone else to attend in your stead, but refunds will not be available.
- Carpooling is encouraged, and on your registration form, you’ll have the opportunity to be connected with other registrants in your local area who also want to carpool to the workshop.
- For more information, contact Ben Grosscup, Education Events Coordinator, at email@example.com or 413-658-5374.
View Map of Winter growing Workshops in Winter 2012 in a larger map
Beginning Farmer Program
Free Monthly Phone/Web Workshop Series
Buy fresh, unpasteurized milk from a local farm.
Read our Soil Carbon Restoration white paper
30th annual Winter Conference January 14, 2017