3/26/21 – work at home
The Natural Farmer is the quarterly journal of the 7 state chapters of the Northeast Organic Farming Association. This newspaper has a rich history dating back to the 1970’s and is beloved by NOFA’s 5000 members and subscribers. The paper is published and delivered quarterly as a hard copy and as a digital publication. We are beginning a new chapter at The Natural Farmer with a new editor taking the reins after more than 3 decades.
Our advertisers know the heart and soul of our audience and have been loyal and committed partners. The ad/sponsor rep will contact advertisers and sponsors of the journal to update and renew ads, and will seek out new advertisers and sponsors to join our publication. Position will be filled when the right candidate comes along.
The annual advertising budget for the TNF is $27,000. Annual commission income for this position is approximately $4000. Most advertisers renew, but we need new ones signing up every issue. Once familiar with this job, work can be done in roughly 35 hours per quarter. Commission figured at 10% for all existing advertisers/sponsors and 25% for all new ones. Please send your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to a computer with ability to image graphic files
- Capability with Email and Microsoft Office Suite
- Good listener for advertiser needs and concerns
- Interested and excited to help small companies reach small farmers with useful goods and services
- Interest in local food, farming and gardening
- Comfort with phone outreach as a priority along with email skills
- Persistent personality with responsible attention to deadlines
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Daily communication with editor during quarterly renewal periods
- Problem solver with upbeat personality
- Resident of CT, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT
- Must be a NOFA member or agree to join state chapter