Web Designer & Curator Job Opening
Job Title: Web Designer & Curator
Hours: 20-25 hours/week
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
Location: Remote position, but must live in Massachusetts or neighboring state. Some travel within Massachusetts is required.
NOFA/Mass seeks a Web Designer and Curator to develop, maintain and troubleshoot our websites and support with external communications. The Web Designer and Curator supports the Communications Department in the presentation of our mission, vision, strategy, impact, identity and brand. They initiate improvements to streamline our web experience for users and expand our digital media presence to develop a clear, distinctive, positive identity for NOFA/Mass.
The Web Developer is responsible for building new areas of our websites, managing website integrations; researching, installing and maintaining plugins; and ensuring that our current WordPress and Wix websites are secure and remain in good working order.
Website Design & Development
- Work with the Communications staff to build new web pages and maintain existing sites, consistent with branding and style guidelines. Website platforms: WordPress (using Avada Theme-Fusion) and Wix.
- Implement custom CSS, html and themes.
- Install plugins and improve functionality of existing websites.
- Back up the website.
- Design buttons and other controls for the website.
- Design and develop landing pages.
- Integrate third-party applications to websites based on needs (ie, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, Wix, Salesforce).
- Respond to website related support tickets, queries and requests.
- Upload weekly newsletters to website.
- Edit photo and video content
- Research, suggest and implement new technologies to improve user experience and efficiency.
Digital Media Management
- Manage content on the nofamass.org and nofamass.store websites.
- Manage listings on theorganicfoodguide.org
- Maintain YouTube account, including content strategy, managing users, and monetization.
- Maintain digital photo and video archive for promotional use.
- Manage events page and listings on website.
- Manage registration and e-commerce sites.
- Submit regular reports and records
- Attend regular meetings (typically online, some evenings required)
- Attend NOFA Summer and Winter Conferences each year (typically on weekends)
The successful candidate will offer:
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with implementing Salesforce/WordPress integrations.
- Experience in communications and marketing.
- A strong commitment to and knowledge of organic and regenerative farming practices.
- Ability to work independently from home with minimal supervision.
- Organized, flexible, resourceful, with strong skills in web design, digital media curation, use of online databases, visual imagery and digital media.
Ideal candidate may also have:
- Experience with graphic design, illustration, video and audio production.
- Spanish language fluency with strong written and verbal communication skills
Other position information:
- This is primarily a remote position. Employees must provide basic office equipment and have reliable access to the internet.
- Hours are very flexible, with some in person and evening meeting attendance required.
- Employees must attend in-person and online staff and board retreats and the winter and summer conferences.
- $18.00/hour – $22.00 /hour based on experience.
- Monthly stipend for internet & phone.
- Annual stipends for professional development and technology.
- Reimbursement for approved travel and business expenses.
- Two weeks of paid time off during the first year of employment.
- No health insurance available at this time.
NOFA/Mass is the Massachusetts state chapter of the Northeast Organic Farming Association.
NOFA/Mass is a non-profit organization with approximately 1000 members, focusing on education and advocacy around organic agriculture in Massachusetts. Our members include farmers, gardeners, homesteaders, consumers, land care professionals, and food activists.
NOFA/Mass staff are allowed and encouraged to exercise self-motivation and in large part to be their own boss.
Through education and advocacy NOFA/Mass promotes organic agriculture to expand the production and availability of nutritious food from living soil for the health of individuals, communities and the planet.
NOFA/Mass envisions a commonwealth of people working together to create healthy landscapes that feed our communities and restore our environment.
How to apply
Please complete a job application form here. The application will require you to upload a resume, cover letter and three references as attachments. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
NOFA/Mass encourages candidates from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds to apply. Please familiarize yourself with our Racial Equity Statement before applying.
All staff members are required to be active members of NOFA/Mass. Become a member here.
Questions about this position can be directed to Paul Figueroa, NOFA/Mass Communications Director: [email protected]
NOFA/Mass is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in employment and contracting practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about us:
NOFA/Mass website: https://www.nofamass.org/
NOFA/Mass newsletter: https://www.nofamass.org/newsletter/
Other job openings: https://www.nofamass.org/jobs/
Meet our current staff: https://www.nofamass.org/staff/
Meet our current Board of Directors: https://www.nofamass.org/board/