NOFA/Mass welcomes to its ranks anyone who eats, anyone who grows food - large or small, urban or rural, and anyone who tends the landscape or lives the activist lifestyle. As a member-based organization, we rely on your support to continue our work to educate and advocate for organic food and farming.
Through education and advocacy NOFA/Mass promotes organic agriculture to expand the production and availability of nutritious food from living soil for the health of individuals, communities and the planet.
1. Enter your information into the Membership Application Form, print it, and then send the completed form with payment to the specified address. Click here for the printer-friendly mail-in NOFA/Mass Membership Application Form
2. Purchase your one year membership online using a secure credit card server thru Paypal.
Want to make your membership renewal easier? You can renew for two years at a time or consider our auto-renewal plan. Simply check the auto-renewal box and we'll take care of the rest, making sure you don't miss any membership benefits.
3. Purchase your two year membership online using a secure credit card server thru Paypal.
4. Auto-Renewal Membership online using a secure credit card server thru Paypal.
Membership to NOFA/Mass includes:
- The annual three-day summer conference at UMass/Amherst, MA
- The annual one-day winter conference on farming, gardening, and advocacy issues, in Worcester, MA
- The variety of workshops, education events, and seminars we offer throughout the year
Low Income and Individual memberships include one member discount for NOFA events
Family/Small Farm/Organization and Large Family/Business memberships include two member discounts
Premier Business membership includes three member discounts
- The quarterly journal of the Interstate NOFA Council, The Natural Farmer - reporting on regional organic growing and related issues
- Our monthly e-newsletter, NOFA/Mass News - updating members on NOFA programs and activities and reporting on key issues in organic food, farming and land care in Massachusetts
- Post up to eight free classified ads per year on our website and/or newsletter
- Enjoy access to the NOFA/Mass Bulk Order - with reduced prices on potting soil, compost, fertilizers, soil amendments, pest controls, cover crop seeds, seed potatoes and onions, and various tools and supplies
- Find raw milk information for consumers and farmers and advocacy support for raw milk sales
- Search The Organic Food and Products Guide for CSA opportunities, vegetables, meat, eggs, and other products from local farms and businesses
- Check out the apprenticeship listings
- Stay current with on-going policy work including GMO labelling, continued advocacy and education around climate change, and other issues important to farmers and consumers in the Commonwealth
Business memberships include a listing on our website
Our interactive website is continuously updated, so check back often!
For questions about NOFA/Mass membership, please contact the office at (978) 355-2853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOFA Massachusetts is designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as tax-exempt as defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and, as such, contributions to NOFA/Mass above regular membership dues are tax-deductible.
Beginning Farmer Program
Free Monthly Phone/Web Workshop Series
Buy fresh, unpasteurized milk from a local farm.
Read our Soil Carbon Restoration white paper
30th annual Winter Conference January 14, 2017