Posted on October 24, 2019
The Assistant Manager understands the ins-and-outs of the farm. He/She/They will work with the Manager to gain a full understanding of the daily, weekly and seasonal farming schedule. The Assistant Manager has a wholistic understanding of the farm and is responsible for daily chores, field preparation, cultivation, harvesting, washing and packing produce.
• At least 3 years experience on a vegetable production farm.
• Fast and hardworking
• Pro-active and self-motivated.
• Able to lift 50lbs
• At least 1 year’s experience operating tractors and small engines (weed whackers, roto-tillers, etc).
• Ability to communicate clearly and honestly.
• Ability to manage others in a productive and kind manner.
• A valid drivers license.
This position is held from April-mid October, 4-5 days/week, 8am-5pm. The job offers $16-18/hr depending on prior experience. 5 unpaid days vacation.
There is an opportunity for free on farm (rustic) housing.
Anna Meyer | Conwayhartfarm@gmail.com