By Laura Davis, NOFA/Mass Soil Technical Assistance Coordinator
Fall soil testing can get you set up to succeed next growing season. Don’t shoot in the dark – find out what your soil’s limiting factors are now. Fall soil testing will also enable you to order the amendments you need via the 2021 Tri-State Bulk Order – a NOFA tradition that helps growers of all sizes get affordable prices on farm and garden supplies while helping fund critical programming and activities at participating NOFA chapters.
As a thank you for soil testing with NOFA/Mass, you will receive a $10 coupon code to use when you place your order via the Tri-State Bulk Order in January.
Taking advantage of this offer is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Take a soil sample and send it to Logan Labs for testing in November or December.
- Instructions for taking a soil sample.
- Worksheet for submitting with your soil sample. Check box Standard Soil Test $25 or Standard Soil Test Plus $30.
- Add email@example.com to the submission worksheet.
- Send your check for $25 or $30 to Logan Labs for your soil test.
2. In about 7-10 days, Logan Labs will email the soil test results to you and NOFA/Mass Soil Tech Assistant Laura Davis. Once received, Laura will prepare a recommendation for amendments for you.
You can alert Laura what amendments you may already have on hand and let her know the size of your growing area in square feet or acres. A customized soil analysis and amendment recommendation will be prepared for you for $25 (NOFA member rate, $50 non-member rate). Please make checks payable to NOFA/Mass once you receive your invoice. Soil tests must be received by NOFA/Mass no later than January 25 so that there is adequate time to analyze your test in time to place your amendment order via the NOFA Tri-State Bulk Order by January 31, 2021.
3. Between January 1-31, place your amendment and/or supply order online at the NOFA Tri-State Bulk Order website or by mail. Use the coupon code that Laura gives you for a $10 credit towards your order. Your items will be available for pick up on Saturday March 13, 2021 (compost, amendments, and other supplies) and Saturday April 17, 2021 (tubers, alliums, and backordered items). Our 2021 pickup sites are located in Belchertown, MA; Barre, MA; Charlestown, RI; Dalton, MA; Meriden, CT; Seekonk, MA; Natick, MA; Springfield, MA; West Wareham, MA.
Read more about the upcoming 2021 Tri-State Bulk Order here.